HOMETOWN HEROES PARADE
Freedom to Grow and the Denton Juneteenth Celebration Committee strive to build Unity in the Community by paying tribute to ordinary people doing extraordinary things to enhance the quality of life for individuals and our community as a whole.
Saturday Vendors must be setup by 11AM
Booth renters are responsible for displaying the following:
PARK VENDOR PERMIT
FOOD PERMIT (if applicable)
MENU LIST COST OF YOUR PRODUCT(S)
*Booth price includes Park Permit Fee. *Electricity is on a first come first serve basis.
Food vendors must obtain a Food Permit from the City of Denton ($35). For more information on the food permit call (940) 349-8341.
Event dates: June 16th (setup by 5pm) – June 17th (setup by 11am).
Excitement is building as we approach the 47th Anniversary of the City of Denton Juneteenth Celebration! We have great things planned and are looking forward to your support.
The events scheduled for the 2016-2017 fiscal year include:
- Essay Contest entitled “How has the Emancipation Proclamation affected you?,”
- Miss Juneteenth Pageant
- Leadership Conference
- 3-on- 3 Basketball Tournament
- Flag Football Tournament
- Softball Tournament @ Fred Moore Park; begins at 9 a.m.
- Gospel Night
- “A Better Way Enterprises” Hometown Heroes Reception
- Children’s Games
- Hip Hop Explosion
- Softball Tournament
- Live Music @ Fred Moore Park on the C.H. Collins Stage; begins at 7 p.m.